Asosiyasyon Fanm Ayisyen nan Boston (AFAB)
Our Core Values
- We are committed to the women's struggle.
- In all our programs and services, we will work to raise the consciousness of Haitian women about their social, economic, and political rights as citizens and engage them in organizing work to ensure their entitlement.
- We believe in the need to demystify social traditions that serve as barriers to women's empowerment.
- We value speaking out and taking action against all types and forms of violence against women.
- We believe that, with support, women can empower themselves by taking charge of their own lives: being self-sufficient, having a true sense of their identity, having voice, and reclaiming their self-worth.
- We believe that society must treat people equally, equitably, and respectfully, independent of their academic, economic, and social backgrounds, age, sexual orientation, race, physical ability, or religious beliefs.
- We are committed to respecting, understanding, and supporting one another.
- We are committed to providing a nurturing environment where people are culturally sensitive to the issues of Haitian women and their families.